Every 18 months we employ a Professional Pet First Aid Consultant to give us a Hands On, First Aid Refresher Course, thus enabling us to keep our skills up to date and fresh in our minds.
We can therefore guarantee that our skills are kept up to date.
Places on this course are limited so if anyone would like to be included please email Helen with your details and she will reserve you a place. We work on a first come first served basis.
The course runs from 9.30 am until 4.30 pm. Beverages and an excellent buffet lunch are included in the price at £80 per person.
Introduction to our course
* The vet and your role in first aid
* Keeping your pet safe in an emergency
* Car Accidents
* Pet proofing your home
* How pets show pain
* Checking your pet's health
* Pet Accidents and First Aid
* Breathing and respiratory problems
* Dog CPR
* Broken Bones
* Spinal injury and moving an injured pet
* Tending to your pet
* Controlling Bleeding
* Dressings and Bandages
* Paw Problems
* Ears, Eyes, and Mouth
* Bandaging the Ear
* Bandaging the Tail
* Poisoning, Bites, and Stings
* Burns and temperature related problems
* Seizures and Epilepsy
* Different types and sizes of animals
* The older dog
* Small dog care
* Puppies and young animals
* Summary of Pet First Aid
* Pet First Aid Kits
You won't find a more comprehensive and hands on course.